Monday, December 6, 2010

The Preston’s Move to Prescott

Back in October Tom got the job of Executive Chef at the Wyndham Garden Inn in Prescott, Arizona.  While I thought that I could handle all 4 kids until the end of 2010, I couldn’t have been anymore wrong.  We moved all our stuff up Thanksgiving weekend, then the kids and I followed the following weekend. 

Our first weekend was a lot of fun.  We went to the annual Christmas parade downtown that everyone seemed to enjoy.  We even managed to keep Saige from running out into the street.  Then the kids and I decided to go to the Christmas Story reading and the Annual Lighting of Downtown Prescott.  While the idea behind this is great, unless you hung out all day and had a seat right up front then you couldn’t hear anything.  Erik and I decided that next year if Dad can’t go then we won’t go either.

Today Erik started at Granite Mountain Middle School.  This is a complete change.  He now has a locker so he doesn’t have to carry around his backpack completely full all day.  He has a class schedule that even I can understand.  I did drive him to the bus stop where I was quickly informed I could leave.  We did have a misunderstanding of the Prescott School Districts bus schedule for after school.  We discovered that he is to take one bus to the High School then another to his stop.  Due to this he missed the bus and I had to pick him up from school, but at least now we know.

Jackie also had a great day.  She had two buddies to show her around today at school.  Her classroom is right inside the front door of the school.  It was a bit different not having half the neighborhood hanging out right outside the doors waiting to pick up their kids though.  She managed to go through the day with no bumps or surprises.

As for myself, Saige & Alex.  We did find a home for drop in daycare that is extremely close to the house.  I also think that we have decided to enroll Saige in pre-school for 3 days a week for a few hours.  However, for my first day working from home with two babies I would say we did pretty well, considering I FINALLY got them both to nap at the same timeSmile  This is a major accomplishment.

We are all now home at the same time with Alex sleeping, Saige curled up with Daddy, Erik & Jackie having a rare moment of getting along with a fire in the fire place.

Good night all, Plan for tomorrow is to do a recap with the pictures that I have since we have been here.  Check back later for more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christine - sounds like a great place to live! :) lots going on and even a Middle School!!! how exciting. We may have to come up next Thanksgiving weekend for the parade. We are missing the local parades since moving here from Ohio. Such a great thing for the family!
    :)
    Take care! and enjoy your new home!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete